201404250716Eclipse support Java 8 SDK
Updated: Eclipse Foundation Announces Java 8 Support
Ottawa, Canada – April 11, 2014 - The Eclipse Foundation is pleased to announce the availability of Eclipse Kepler packages with the Java™ 8 support. These downloads contain the original Eclipse Kepler SR2 packages with Java™ 8 patches applied. While the patches themselves have been fully tested, the packages have not been individually verified. To download these packages, please visit our Java™ 8 download page. For details on how to discover and install the Java 8 support into your existing Kepler SR2 (4.3.2) installation please visit our Java™ 8 support page.
The Java™ 8 support contains the following:
- Eclipse compiler implementation for all the new Java™ 8 language enhancements
- Updated significant features to support Java™ 8, such as Search and Refactoring
- Quick Assist and Clean Up to migrate anonymous class creations to lambda expressions and back
- New formatter options for lambdas
- Java 8 Facet for Web Tools for Eclipse Kepler SR2 for Java EE developers
- Java 8 support for m2e for Eclipse Kepler SR2 for Maven integration in Eclipse
Note that PDE API Tools have not yet adopted the new language constructs. This will be completed in the Eclipse Luna release available in June 2014. Java™ 8 support will also be available in the Eclipse Luna (4.4) M7 packages expected to be available on May 9, 2014.