這是自己多年前的一篇作文,一直想和有養寵物的朋友分享。
正體字為家犬
斜體字為流浪犬
Dogs
I am a dog.
I am a dog.
I am a dog born of purebred.(純種)
I am a dog born of crossbred.(雜種)
I am a dog receiving tender eyes from my master.(主人溫柔地看著我)
I am a dog receiving disdained eyes from strangers.(陌生人鄙視地看著我)
I chase butterflies in the garden, barking cheerfully during the day.
(我在花園裡追蝴蝶,整天快樂地汪汪叫)
I chase mice at garbage site, howling desolately at .
(我在垃圾堆追老鼠,半夜絕望地哀嚎)
I nimbly evade the passing cars on the way to buy my beef cans.
(去買牛肉罐頭的路上,我輕巧地閃躲路過的車輛)
I sluggishly evade the passing cars because of dizziness caused by hunger.
(因為餓的頭昏眼花,我笨拙地閃躲路過的車輛)
My master and I buy my beef cans in a supermarket.
(主人和我在超級市場買我的牛肉罐頭)
My company and I walk carefully away from the slaughterhouse.
(我和同伴小心翼翼閃過屠宰場)
In summer, I lie comfortably on cool marble ground and sometimes have ice.
(夏天,我舒服地躺在冰冷的大理石上面,有時候還吃點冰)
In summer, I crouch alertly on hot pavement and have to drink water from
drains.
(夏天,我機警地躺在熱騰騰的人行道上,喝著排水管的水)
In winter, I have a warm sweater.(冬天,我有溫暖的毛衣)
In winter, I have cold wind cover
Every week, I have a lady wash me, cut my hair and polish my nails at a pet shop.
(每個星期,一位女士幫我洗澡、修剪毛髮和指甲)
Occasionally, I have rain wash me and the sun dry me.
(偶而,雨水幫我洗澡,太陽幫我烘乾)
My master complains to me about my shit.(我的主人抱怨我大便)
Passers-by curse me for my shit. (路人詛咒我大便)
When growing up, I was appointed to mate with a purebred female.
(長大以後,我被帶去和一隻純種母狗交配)
When growing up, I once impulsively pursued a crossbreed female.
(長大以後,我衝動地和一隻雜種母狗交配)
And then, I have purebred babies.
(我有了純種的寶寶)
But, I don’t know whether the children are mine.
(我不知道孩子是不是我的)
Several years passed by,(幾年過去)
Several years passed by, (幾年過去)
I am a dog who should have regular check-ups.
(我應該要定期檢查身體)
I am a dog who still have no antibiotic against my dermatitis.
(我沒有抗生菌治療身上的皮膚病)
I am an old dog now. I couldn’t see the butterflies clearly.
(我是一隻老狗了,看不清楚蝴蝶)
I am an old dog now. I couldn’t see the dog hunters clearly.
(我是一隻老狗了,看不清楚捕狗大隊)
Butterflies escaped from my hands.
(蝴蝶從我的手中逃走)
I couldn’t escape from the hands of dog hunters.
(我逃不出捕狗大隊的手中)
不管養什麼寵物,都是對它一輩子的承諾!
你的一念之間,卻是牠天壤之別的待遇。


